What is Arts Central Queensland?
Arts Central Queensland is a place for Central Queensland’s creative professionals and community to gather and discover the arts.
Our programs, projects, and services are designed to support professional growth and economic opportunities for both emerging and already practicing creatives in our region. We aim to encourage long-term strength and diversity in the arts, and share the work of talented locals to the community.
What exactly do we offer?
We provide opportunities and support for:
- Improving professionalism in your chosen creative career.
- Showcasing and sharing your talents to raise your profile and profit.
- Delivering cost-effective and high-quality arts projects, activities, and events.
- Networking with other creative professionals and arts organisations.
- Staying up-to-date with current issues, activities, and events in the arts community.
- Gaining representation and advocacy for the arts in Central Queensland.
Who will benefit?
Arts Central Queensland is a multifaceted organisation, extending an umbrella of support over multiple arts programs, projects, and services. We are designed to support active participants across a range of creative disciplines, including but not limited to: Visual Art, Design, Photography, Literature, Dance, Theatre, Film, Music, Digital Art and Media, Community Art, and Movable Cultural Heritage.
Our main area of operation stretches across the Central Queensland region of Fitzroy, including the local government areas of Livingstone, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Banana, Woorabinda, and the Central Highlands.
Who is behind Arts Central Queensland?
Arts Central Queensland is run by a group of dedicated professionals, who live, work, play, and create in Rockhampton and on the Capricorn Coast. Our management team is broadly talented, and possess skills across the professional arts, arts administration, business, government, and community development sectors.
We collaborate with arts professionals, businesses, organisations, sponsors, and local, state, and federal governments with the aim of strengthening our ties, our funding and development opportunities, and our collaborative efforts.
How can you get involved?
There are three ways you can get involved with Arts Central Queensland:
- Subscribe to our free regular e-newsletter to receive information about what’s on and what’s happening in our arts community.
- Create a free Web Portal Account to launch your very own professional profile, share your news and events, and sell your creations all on this site!
- Become a Member of our organisation to receive all of the above and become a change-maker in the Central Queensland arts community.
Will it cost you anything?
Primarily, no. We are an independent non-government organisation that offers services at minimal or no cost to our users and members – Except for the Store facility on this site, and membership fees where applicable.
Where we are assisting artists and creatives to earn commercial income, we will charge a suitable fee. However, we aim to provide our support for free, under funding arrangements with sponsors, donors, and grants.
Thank you for visiting us!
If it sounds like our organisation is for you, please consider joining our Arts community!
In the meantime, please feel free to use our Directory, catch up on our latest News, check out what’s going on via our Calendar, browse our Store for something special, or contact us with any inquiries.
Have a great day!
Website produced by students from the Collaborative Digital Media Project unit of the Bachelor of Digital Media at CQUniversity Australia, 2021.
CQUpocalypse members: Leanne Richardson, Nathan Spink, Rebecca Warner, Samantha Wilson.
Supervisor: Dr Ashley M Holmes